Have you ever had a moment of clarity immediately after meeting with someone? Like the planets aligned and all was just peaceful and alright in your life? No? Well, that just means you have something to look forward too! LOVE & LIGHT is right around the corner for you and when you feel it…when you find it…mmm, you will know it!
I’d like to share my experience with that feeling, with YOU! I have always been very expressive with those around me simply because I feel like if you feel it (especially if it’s something nice) why not share it with your loved ones. It’s like the cliché “there's no time like the present!” I mean, really, why wait? What if you met someone & you thought you’d B. perfect for each other, or maybe you felt they had the most B.eautiful spirit. What’s really stopping you from expressing that?
Lately, I’ve realized that communicating my thoughts with those closest to me can B. a little overwhelming, especially if the receiver isn’t used to hearing so many compliments or the TRUTH. :) I will admit, I wasn’t always this way. I used to hide my emotions & only express things when questioned or confronted. But, in 1999, that all changed. My godmother, a woman I have loved since I could remember, got married & at her reception, I figured she was busy with being a new wife & would probably B. too busy to hear me go on about how much I loved her & how gorgeous she looked in her dress. I figured I could & would talk to her & tell her just how happy I was for her when she returned from her honeymoon after a few days. I walked up to her, hugged her, & I told her I would B. leaving early. I left, only to find out that night she passed away on her honeymoon, devastated & feeling guilty I realized that there is no better moment than the present to express exactly how much you care about someone. If I had known then, what I know now..I would have told her everything I wanted her to know. You just never know when it will B. the LAST TIME you have the chance to say what you truly feel. So with that, I give a little bit of my heart with every lyric, every line, every note in my music! I want YOU to know that I am loved & I am okay with sharing that feeling with those who deserve it & even some who don’t. :) I encourage you to do the same…Enjoy your weekend & this piece of my ♥!
We met last night
At the corner of my dreams
And your fantasies
You opened my mind
And at that moment you found me
This place, is our place
No one else has to understand
As we travel life's path together
With only the “Now” inside our hands
The unknown can be a frightening place
But our dreams won’t let us fail
One wrong turn can cost the race
but in the end who really cares?
When you're having the time of your life
when you're living,
when you're loving,
When the darkness turns to light
At the corner of my dreams
And your fantasies
You opened my mind
And at that moment you found me
This place, is our place
No one else has to understand
As we travel life's path together
With only the “Now” inside our hands
The unknown can be a frightening place
But our dreams won’t let us fail
One wrong turn can cost the race
but in the end who really cares?
When you're having the time of your life
when you're living,
when you're loving,
When the darkness turns to light
We met last night
But our time could not last
As we grasped at forever
Like melting ice in a glass
We hung upon every word,
every touch, & every glance
We were enraptured in every single embrace
As our spirits prepared to dance
But our time could not last
As we grasped at forever
Like melting ice in a glass
We hung upon every word,
every touch, & every glance
We were enraptured in every single embrace
As our spirits prepared to dance
We meet each night
When the lights have gone
When silence seems so loud
When the lights have gone
When silence seems so loud
We meet without a word to say
When certainty gives way to doubt
We reside at the corner of my dreams & your fantasies
A place we’ve made our home
For this is where our hearts are free
the place where we're together...alone.
the place where we're together...alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment